- Boosting the Immune System - Garlic stimulates immune functions in the bloodstream. It is therefore beneficial for dogs with suppressed immune systems. Moderate garlic supplementation in the diets of even healthy dogs can boost their immune systems to help fight any potential illness.
- Fighting Bacterial/Viral/Fungal Infections - Garlic is a powerful antimicrobial and antibiotic and is effective in fighting various forms of internal or external bacterial, viral, or fungal infections, including parasites. Garlic fed as part of a dog's diet can fight infections of the mouth, throat, respiratory tract, stomach, or intestines.
- Enhancing Liver Function - Garlic has detoxifying effects. Compounds contained in garlic can enhance liver function by helping the liver to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Cardiovascular Tonic - A compound in garlic is effective at preventing blood clot formation in the vascular system. It can also reduce cholesterol levels and fat buildup in the arteries. Therefore, it is an excellent cardiovascular tonic for older dogs.
- Tick/Flea Repellent - The exact reason and extent of garlic's effect on tick and flea prevention is not clear. It may be due to the odor released through the dog's skin as the compounds in garlic are metabolised. Whatever the reason, there are a lot of reports on the effectiveness of garlic (especially in combination with brewer's yeast) as a tick/flea repellent.
Composition: pork liver*, minerals, brewers yeast, garlic.
* liver not suitable for dalmations
Analytical constituents: Protein 46%, Crude Fibres 6%, Fat Content 3.9%, Crude Ash 16.5 %, Natural Salt <0.2%.Maximum daily allowance:
Mini Breeds/Puppies 8 weeks+ (1-5kg)
|10 - 30 small|
Small Breed (5-15kg)
|30 - 50 small / 20-30 Medium|
Medium Breed (15-22kg)
|50-70 small / 30-40 medium / 15-20 large|
Large breed (22-34kg+)
|70-100 small / 40-60 medium / 20-30 large|
NOTE: This is guide only; quantities may vary depending on age, breed and activity level. Remember to take any treating into account with your dog's daily food intake allowance. As with all treats and food, make sure your dog always has fresh water available.