Guide to Ring Sizes
Follow the directions below to measure your finger.
How to measure your finger
- Find a piece of string or strip of paper no wider than 1.4 cm (1/2 inches).
- Wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
- Use this measurement and the chart to the right to determine your ring size.
- For the most accurate reading, measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
Tips for measuring ring size
Here are some tips to make your ring size measurement more accurate:
After sliding the ring sizer on, make sure it slides off fairly easily over the knuckle.
Don’t measure cold fingers. This is when fingers are their smallest.
For the most accurate reading, measure the finger at the ned of the day when the finger is the largest.
Tips for buying the ring as a surprise
Getting it just right can be tricky, but not impossible.
Ask your partner’s mother or one of her friends if they know her finger size.
Borrow one of your partner’s rings (from the correct finger) and slide it down a tapered candle.
Then measure using the chart to the right.
|Ring Size*||Measured Size