Farm Food Antlers are a 100% completely natural seasonal product. They are antlers of male deer which they lose each spring. They are collected in southern European forests and following quality control checks they are brushed and cut. Each antler will differ in shape, weight, colour and thickness, they may even still have an earthy smell which can appeal to your dog. Chewing is a natural instinct for your furbaby and chewing an antler produces a sanding effect between their teeth and the antler with helps to remove plaque. During chewing the outside of the antler wears down to reveal the tasty marrow which is a fantastic treat for your dog. They can also help overweight dogs because chewing antlers requires a lot of energy which helps to decrease their appetite.
- Animal and environmentally friendly.
- Rich in calcium and other minerals.
- Hypo-allergenic and gluten free so suitable for dogs with allergies or a sensitive digestion.
- No harmful additives or preservatives.
- Does not get slimy or sticky when being chewed especially handy if your dog is long haired.
- Hard, long lasting and does not splinter. Do not leave with your furbaby for long unsupervised periods and monitor teeth to ensure no risk of damage. (Make sure that the size of the antler fits the size and bite force of your dog.)
- In the event that your dog is no longer interested in the antler, please try soaking it in some water overnight or even scour it slightly.
- Weight guide approximately: Small less than 75g, Medium 76-150g (standard), Large 151-225g and Extra Large 226-320g.
- Nutritional analysis: Protein 37%, fat 0.1%, ash 55%, fibre 2%, moisture 9%, calcium (Ca) 21%, phosphorus (P) 8%, sodium (Na) 1.1%, iron (Fe) 195 mg/kg, magnesium (mg) 5240 mg/kg.
Please remember fresh drinking water should always be available and we strongly recommend that all dogs are supervised with any treat. Remove any small pieces which could cause choking.